Friday 4 December 2015

Interview Idea's

I also had 3 different ideas for my interview. I wasn't sure which topic would be most interesting but I knew I wanted something slightly less mainstream. I knew that I wanted to do an interview involving Brighton as a whole. 

Idea 1
My first idea was to introduce my cousin, Laura. She's a 27 year old lesbian barmaid working in a gay pub in Brighton. I thought that it would be interesting to interview her about what is appealing about Brighton and what it's like to live in the gay community. I thought this would be a unusual interview topic but it's also really engaging for people to hear what it's like for a gay person to live in the biggest gay capital in England. Finally, I was planning on asking her about Brighton Pride, one of the biggest events in Brighton, and what it's like and the atmosphere in Brighton during it. 



























Idea 2
My second idea was to interview my friend about why she chose to come to Brighton for University. I thought this would be quite a typical interview to hear on a radio and maybe appeal to younger listeners possibly wanting to go to Brighton for University. I also wanted to focus not only on the university itself but on why the city of Brighton appeals to so many students. Examples of questions that I could possibly ask her are:
  • What's the best places for night life for students in Brighton?
  • What's appealing about Brighton university itself? 
  • What made you pick Brighton as a city, compared to other places?
  • What's good in the daytime for students in Brighton?




Idea 3
My third and final idea was to interview someone that owns a local art shop along the beach. I had this idea when I was on the beach and saw all the different little shops that line up along the seafront. I thought the little art shops were really interesting and that maybe the owners had something to say about Brighton and why they chose to set up their shop there in comparison to other places. I thought that this would make a really good interview topic and would be informative and engaging for anyone listening. I chose that, if I were going to pick this idea, I would do my interview on the owner of 'Vivid Palette'. This art shop appealed to me most out of all of them because I thought it looked really endearing and little but at the same time, presented something so big. 


No comments:

Post a Comment