Friday 4 December 2015

Interview Editing






















The screen shot above shows my interview before I started editing it. I started off with 10 tracks. I recorded the interview twice so I would have enough to work with, and incase the first recording was of poor quality. I listened to all the clips that I had and established the best responses from my interviewee and the ones that had the best quality of sound.






















The screen shot above is an example of a clip that I had to edit. This was a response from my interviewee about the best night life in Brighton. I decided to use this print screen as an example in my blog because she said "um" and "er" and stuttered a bit so I felt that this was the most challenging to edit. However, I managed to edit it so that it didn't have these faults in it and it still sounded natural.



The screen shot above shows my interview after I had edited out all the unwanted parts. I was left with the remaining. The remaining parts are Olivia's answers to the questions I was asking her. I chose what I thought were the best and most thorough responses.


I added full reverb to my vocals. I used the preset 'Vocal Reverb (small)' because I wanted an option that was specifically for vocals as that's the main sound in my interview.





After this, I added noise reduction to my interview. There were a few unwanted background noises, and the occasional over-pronounced 'p' sound, so I used Heavy Noise Reduction to make this quieter and more natural sounding. 




I then added Delay to my interview. I wanted to add a bit of life to my interview so it didn't sound so dull and flat. I added the preset 'Room Ambience' to it to give it more of a lift and make it sound more like a radio show.

No comments:

Post a Comment